We’re extremely excited to bring you the 2.1 version update for Endless Reach! The demo is now available as a free download on the game’s official website.
Sorry, this version is no longer available.
The 2.1 Beta includes a number of feature additions, improvements, and bug fixes! Some of them are listed below:
Lock-On Targeting via head tracking
Missiles can now be fired at locked on targets by pressing “B“. The only targets currently available for tracking are turrets and the boss.
Hold “Left Trigger” to initiate. Initial boost shockwave will destroy all enemies in a small range. Movement speed is increased. Boost power is limited to a meter, and a new pickup has been introduced to help replenish the available boost power.
- DK2 support!
- Force feedback added to 360 gamepad
- Firing control has been moved to the “A” button
- Purging control has been moved to the “X” button
- A UI object has been introduced to prompt the user when to purge
- HUD has been modified and relocated
- FPS counter can now be toggled on and off with the “Left Shoulder” button
- Movement dead zones have been tightened for a “snappier” feel
- Full 3D physics have been implemented
- Turrets have been relocated, and now rotate erratically in order to be unpredictable.
- Turret and Boss laser colors have been changed to be more visible
- A number of visual effects were modified
- Trail effects have been added to the player’s engines
- Probably some more stuff that I’m forgetting
We recommend running the DirectToRift.exe in extended mode to play Endless Reach. If you get a lot of stutter running the demo and have a DX11 capable card, the -force-d3d11 fix may work well for you.
If you like what we’ve built here, we’d love if you could vote us up on Steam Greenlight!