I am really excited to release version 2.3, as we’re turning the difficulty up to eleven with The Watcher! You’ll find him in Level 3, the Spiral Downs. This one is a smaller update, though it should help balance the gameplay a bit, and add a fair challenge for the devoted shmup fans!
You’ll find the change log below!
More in-depth information on the game’s intricacies can be found on the wiki page.
[Implemented for 2.3 Beta]
- Updates to Oculus SDK 0.4.2
- Level 3 – The Spiral Downs has been added.
- A new enemy type has been added.
- A new turret type has been added.
- Limit Break Chaining has been added. A countdown timer will now appear on the HUD to notify the remaining duration of a Limit Break. Collect another blue orb before the overload begins to reset the countdown timer and extend the Limit Break duration.
- HMD Orientation can now be reset manually at any time by pressing the “Back” button on the gamepad.
- The screenshot function has been removed.
- Turret lasers now have a mid-beam energy pulse that dictates the hazardous point along it’s path.
- Fixed a bug where the targeting reticles on Boss01 – Aern and Boss02 – Celestial Archon would appear in the incorrect positions.
- Fixed a bug wherein the Limit Break shield would remain visible during the status screen.
- Status screen does not recenter properly when returning from viewing a Leaderboard
- Instantiating audio will sometimes cause a frame rate lag
I hope you enjoy the 2.3 version update of Endless Reach! As always, I’d love to hear from you, so be sure to provide me with any feedback you may have here in the comments or on the game’s official subreddit.