I am extremely excited to release Ethereal Version 0.8.6! The 163 MB update is available for Beta testers to download now via the Steam client.
This one is a large update, including a much-requested Tutorial quest, as well as a number of updates, additions, and bug-fixes. Learn more about the Version 0.8.6 update below!
Version 0.8.6 Update Notes
Updates and Additions
- Added the Tutorial quest.
- Initiate the tutorial quest by speaking with the Gatekeeper NPC, Prodigy.
- Prodigy will give you a sword and a shield to defend yourself with.
- Your goal is to defeat the Skeleton King, found somewhere in the Arcadian Desert.
- Added the Undead Warrior enemy.
- Added the Skeleton King enemy.
- DirectX and Visual Studio C++ 2015 Redistributable prerequisites will now install automatically if necessary.
- Added small cutscenes to the Shiitake Temple door puzzles.
- Added the “Enemies Defeated” stat to the Player menu.
- Made numerous visual quality improvements to Arcadia.
- A.I. navigation and enemy nodes were added to Arcadia.
- Adjusted the player’s default starting items.
- Added more hints to the loading screen.
- Added a sound effect for when items are added to the player’s inventory.
- Increased the rate at which EXP and GOLD is gained from enemy kills.
- Updated the Magic Bindings tab so that it is hopefully more intuitive.
- Added more chests to both Arcadia and Shiitake Temple.
- Fixed a number of transparency bugs related to trueSKY.
- Fixed a bug where some character meshes received decals.
- Fixed a bug where the targeting information displayed about an enemy would occasionally show an incorrect HP value.
- Fixed a bug where dying and restarting would spawn the player off the map.
- Fixed sliding animation errors in the One-Handed weapon Lock-On blend space.
- Lock-On blend spaces for other weapon types are still buggy.
- Fixed a collision bug in Arcadia that allowed the player to go around the gate.
- Fixed a bug where the puzzle gates in Shiitake Temple would not animate correctly.
- Fixed some A.I. navigation errors in Shiitake Temple.
- Fixed an issue where the camera was occasionally unable to rotate during menu states.
- Fixed a bug where using the Portal would cause a Realm to occasionally load with no enemies.
- Fixed a bug where started a new game would not correctly reset Armor icons on the Bindings screen.
- Fixed a bug where consumable items received as enemy drops would not perform a pickup notification if the player already had at least one of the item in their inventory.