I am excited to release Ethereal Beta Version 0.9.3 today, which marks the first time players can explore the Empyrean Gardens! I really enjoyed building this map, as it kind of gives the game a different feeling by bringing you into the clouds and letting you face off against robots. There’s a couple well hidden secrets in this map where the player can pick up pieces of the Valhalla and Exo Suit armors, and you might be able to find the Beam Saber weapon somewhere in there, too!
Beta testers can download the latest version on Steam, now.
I also made a significant change to how shopping works (there are multiple shop NPCs now, instead of just one), and of course I made a number of bug fixes and improvements throughout the game. So without further ado…
Ethereal Version 0.9.3 Update Notes
- Ethereal Realm of Air – Empyrean Gardens is now available.
- You must complete Yggdrasil before entering this Realm
- The following new enemies have been introduced:
- Power Drone
- Prodigy (Tutorial NPC) was changed to his final model and given new animations.
- The shop was split up into separate NPCs within Arcadia. Individual NPCs now only sell a single, specific type of item.
- Aajaa (Magic Vendor)
- Lilster (Consumable Item Vendor)
- Iraphise (Weapon Vendor)
- Gaspar (Armor Vendor)
- Antidote consumable item was added.
- Comet magic spell was added.
- Aegis was updated with a new model and icon.
- Updated stats on all armor pieces in an attempt to balance their power more effectively.
- The effects granted by Adrenaline and Sentinel Brew items no longer stack.
- Increased Ambient Cubemap Intensity in all realms.
- Boss enemies can now only be deaggroed through death.
- Fixed a bug where Zhan’s “Disappear” effect would go off twice.
- Fixed a bug where consumable item effects would not spawn in the correct location.
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause incorrect text to display when using a consumable item.
- Fixed a bug that could cause consumable items with a quantity of zero to remain in inventory.
- Fixed a bug where some enemies would not correctly drop rewards upon defeat.
- Fixed a bug where enemies (particularly bosses) could get stuck in their “Hit” animation state if successive attacks landed too quickly.
- Fixed an issue where some enemies would not be unloaded when switching between realms.