Ethereal Legends is now available on Steam!
The big day is here! I am proud to announce that Ethereal Legends is now available on Steam!
As a one-man studio who is creator, developer, and publisher of Ethereal Legends, I am so unbelievably proud to be able to bring you an experience almost entirely of my own making. I truly hope you enjoy playing it! It’s been a long time coming, but we’re finally here. I am so excited to get everyone playing the game and to start hearing what everyone thinks! Ethereal is a game built with passion, and I hope every ounce of that seeps into the experience as you play through and bring Zhan to justice.
Please note that the game is designed for and plays best with a gamepad/controller, and while you can use a keyboard/mouse, I don’t recommend it.
Additionally, please be sure you meet the game’s recommended system requirements before playing, as published on the Steam Store Page. Built with Unreal Engine 4, the game is graphically intensive and requires a modern gaming PC to run at a smooth 60 fps.
A handful of minor, known issues do exist thanks to my excellent beta testers. I have documented possible fixes on this post, so if you experience any problems playing Ethereal Legends, your first stop should be there. Of course, I would love to hear any and all feedback you may have, so hit me up on any of the community channels or send your thoughts in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the most arduous adventurers, I have published a full list of the nearly 100 available items on this page. There, you’ll find a full loot table, complete with item descriptions, effects, and locations. Everything you need to get the most out of the game!
A fan asked me last night to add some special content (a kitty!) so I wanted to get that included before release day. Along with that addition, I’ve made a couple extra “quality of life” updates that should make for a much improved experience. It’s a small one because I was short on time, but this brings us up to an official 1.0 release, and you guys can all go grab it now!
Ethereal Release Version Update 1.0
- Improved dynamic lighting performance in all Realms.
- Achieved by decreasing the primary sunlight’s total number of shadow cascades, as well as decreasing it’s overall effective shadowing distance.
- Improved the Arcadian landscape material to be more realistic.
- Removed specular textures and added tessellation.
- Drop rates for all enemies were adjusted:
- Common – 60%
- Uncommon – 30%
- Rare – 10%
- The additional effect for Assassin’s Boots was replaced with “Cure Potency +10%“
- Sneak Ring was added.
- Feral Band was added.
- The following armor sets can now be purchased from the armor vendor:
- A friendly cat can now be found inside the Arcadian bar.
- Fixed a handful of collision issues in Arcadia and Shiitake Temple.
- Added footstep effects to the landscape comprising the Arcadian outskirts.
- Fixed a bug where the final return portal dropped by the Eternal would never disappear.