Nvidia Ansel is a new photography feature added to Ethereal Legends in the version 1.2.1 update. Ansel allows players with Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 or better graphics cards to take beautiful high resolution or 360 degree screenshots while in game.
How to use Ansel
While in game, press Alt-F2 to access Ansel.
After opening Ansel, the combat HUD will disable and the Ansel menu will appear, with various options. Simply choose the ones you like and click Snap to take the screenshot.
Using Ansel requires the use of a modern Nvidia GeForce GPU with the latest driver installed. To see a list of Ansel-supported GPUs, visit geforce.com.
If you have never used Ansel before with any other game, you should first open the Ansel Configuration Utility GUI application, which you will find installed here:
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Ansel\Tools\NvCameraConfiguration.exe
With the Ansel Configuration Utility open, configure the following settings:
- NvCamera Status - Enabled
- Temp Directory for Intermediate Shots - User Defined
- Snapshots Directory - User Defined
You can leave all the other options at their defaults, or configure them to your liking.
Additionally, you will need to run the NvCameraEnable.exe application from a command prompt, passing it the
whitelisting-everything parameter to allow Ethereal Legends to use Ansel. This change persists across reboots, and may be reset by typing
whitelisting-default in place of
Simply open a command prompt and enter the following command:
"C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Ansel\Tools\NvCameraEnable.exe" whitelisting-everything
With Ansel configured and all applications whitelisted for use, you can start Ethereal Legends and use the Ansel tool in game by pressing Alt-F2.
Ansel Usage Options
- Black & White
Intensity of the filters can be regulated as you wish.
- Color enhancer
- Grid of thirds (On/Off)
Camera & Capture
- Field of view (from 10° to 140°
- Roll (from -180° to 180°)
- Raw HDR (On/Off)
- Super Resolution (from 3,840 x 2,160 x2 to 63,360 x 35,640 x33)
- 360° (from 4,096 x 2,048 to 8,192 x 4,096)
- 360° Stereo (from 4,096 x 4,096 to 8,192 x 8,192)
How to view Ansel 360
There are many ways to view 360-degree images captured with Ansel, including smartphones, a desktop browser, Google Cardboard, or HTC Vive and Oculus Rift VR headsets. Choose one of the options below and explore the selection of "Shot with GeForce®" Ansel screenshots.
NVIDIA VR Viewer - Google Cardboard
- Install the Cardboard app from the Google Play Store.
- Install the NVIDIA VR Viewer app from the Google Play Store.
- Launch the NVIDIA VR Viewer Cardboard app and install your phone* into the Cardboard holder.
Phone requirements: Android™ Lollipop or newer OS, 2 GB RAM
Upload your 360 Stereo Ansel images to NVIDIA VR Viewer
- Open Ansel enabled game
- Capture 360 Stereo in 4096 x 4096 resolution
- Log in to Google Photos on your PC
- Upload to "NVIDIA VR Viewer" Album
View with your VR Headset
Download Ansel 360 images and view through Virtual Desktop.
- Download Ansel 360 images to your PC
- Download Virtual Desktop here.
- Launch Virtual Desktop and select the appropriate option to "Launch Virtual Desktop in…" either "Steam VR Mode" for HTC Vive devices, or "Other Mode" for Oculus Rift devices.
- Virtual Desktop will default to the SETTINGS screen
- Put on your VR headset
- Adjust Virtual Desktop's settings to your comfort
- Within Virtual Desktop, click on PHOTOS
- Drag and drop photos into the empty space. Within the VR headset, you will now be placed into the center of your 360° photo
- After a few moments the Virtual Desktop window within your headset will disappear
- Use the arrow keys on the keyboard to cycle through your photos