The very next day, I fixed up a bit more in the demo! Added all new side-scroller gameplay outside the volcano, including prototype features for double-jumping, character swapping, and camera zooms. I also went to the trouble of packaging the demo up for everyone to try! I’d love to get some early feedback on it, as I turn the experience into a much more fun and interesting game!
Download the Ethereal 0.1 demo here: Sorry, this download is no longer available.
Ethereal is exclusive to Windows OS
Supports the Xbox 360 gamepad ONLY
** Hit “Alt-Enter” to go fullscreen and enter stereo mode
- Head Tracking –
- Left Analog – Character Movement
- Left Stick Down (L3) – Unused
- Right Analog – Camera Zoom In/Out
- Right Stick Down (R3) – Unused
- Directional pad – Unused
- A – Jump [press twice to double Jump]
- X – Unused
- B – Unused
- Y – Detonate [anim only]
- Left Trigger – Unused
- Right Trigger – Unused
- Left Shoulder – Cycle Character Left
- Right Shoulder – Cycle Character Right
- Start – Unused
- Back – Unused
Ethereal utilizes DirectX 11 by default, and was built using Unreal Engine 4.1. Soverance recommends the following for the best experience:
- Windows 7/8/8.1 [Macintosh is not supported at this time]
- X-Box 360 controller
- DX11 and SM5 compatible graphics card [minimum 2GB graphics memory]
Recommended Rift Display Mode Settings
- – Direct HMD Access from Apps [NO]
- – Extended Mode [YES]
- – DK1 Legacy App Support [YES]
When running this demo, Soverance Studios recommends cloning your displays while using the Rift.
- – Yes, you can fall off the left side indefinitely by hopping over the wall.
- – Cannot “soft” quit the application.
- – Yes, the lighting needs to be rebuilt.
A complete version history can be found on the Soverance Studios website.
Design and Programming
– Scott McCutchen
– Epic Games
If you have any feedback, questions, or support needs, feel free to email me at email@example.com. Alternatively, you can make a new post in the studio’s subreddit, r/Soverance. That’s the fastest way for me to address things!
Follow me on Twitter @Soverance for all the latest updates and announcements!