Last update before release!
This one puts the finishing touches on everything right before release, and is generally filled with bug fixes and final lighting improvements.
Version 0.9.9 will be the final version uploaded to the “Ethereal Beta Demo” branch. If the game’s title in your Steam library reads “Ethereal Beta Demo“, you will no longer receive post-release updates. If you were a beta tester and have not yet received a full release Steam key, send an email to email@example.com from the address you used to register for the beta, and I’ll hook you up.
Beta Version 0.9.9 Update Notes
- Built all maps with Production lighting.
- Reconfigured the trueSKY dynamic lighting for all realms.
- Slowed the trueSKY clock speed for all realms.
- The following realms now have day/night cycles:
- Boreal Core
- The rock wall in Boreal Core that prevents your escape from the boss arena will now slide back up upon your death, allowing re-entry.
- The Lava Knight is now more difficult to lock into Hit animations.
- Updated the map markers for all points of interest to their final release versions.
- Arcadian enemies will now scale to the player’s level once the tutorial is completed.
- A simple Gate puzzle was added to Empyrean Gardens.
- Disabled shadows on foliage in Arcadia for performance reasons.
- Tightened up certain collision volumes within Empyrean Gardens.
- Fixed a collision issue in Arcadia that allowed players to fall into the river.
- Fixed a bug with the Goomba Stomper achievement so that it can now be correctly unlocked.
- Fixed a bug where Golem enemies would sometimes not correctly pop out of their balled state upon aggro.
- Fixed a bug where certain enemy spawn locations in Yggdrasil would not correctly spawn enemies.
- Fixed a bug where being defeated by the Skeleton King and selecting ‘Restart’ would raise you in place, instead of at the intended safe spot.
- Fixed a bug where bound magic icons were not properly reset when starting a New Game.
- Fixed bugs for a handful of instances with the logical tutorial progress sequence for players who would commit certain unintended actions before completing the tutorial.